[OS X TeX] i-Installer version 2.58.0 released

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Mar 22 00:37:29 CET 2004

I have released i-Installer version 2.58.0. i-Installer's interface has
been improved and should now cater better for non-technical users.Also
some internal improvements have been made so I can add certain new
functions in the future.

i-Packages need to be adapted before they can use the information
options in the new UI and they will be not downward compatible when
this happens. So, I am waiting a little bit before updating the
packages.

One package has been updated already: the TeX package. It has been
distributed *only* to the Yale repository, so if you open it from
there, you will see the new progress handling. Also, the TeX-fat.dmg
volume has been upgraded already, hence running from that volume will
give you a warning about the remote package being older. This will only
remain so shortly.

The updated TeX package has the (often requested) option of a 'Simple'
install. It requires the latest version of i-Installer.

I suggest that people update i-Installer so I can update the packages.

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/ii2/II2.dmg
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/tex/TeX-fat.dmg