[OS X TeX] installing texlive

George Ghio ghiog at netconnect.com.au
Tue Jun 29 17:11:58 CEST 2004

On 29/06/2004, at 4:07 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 29 Jun 2004, at 3:13 PM, George Ghio wrote:
>>
>> Well I just don't know what is left. Perhaps I should just go back to
>> OS10.2.7?
>> I have tried everything I can think of.
>> Only one version, is that just 'echo $PATH' ? This gives;
>> <minimal path>
>>
>> Got no idea from this. Do you have OS 10.3, if so what is your path?
>
> I would hazard a guess and say that TeXLive is installing a startup
> script for a different shell than you are using.
>
> Is there any reason you need TeXLive? If it's not configuring properly
> then it can be a long, tedious, and complicated process getting
> everything working.
>
> I would highly, stronger, most definitely recommend Gerben Weirda's
> TeX distribution. You can get it by following the instructions in the
> first box here:
> <http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/texstart/>
>
> It's designed to install TeX with a minimum of fuss and will almost
> certainly work first time. (unless you've been messing with
> ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist...)
>
> Good luck
>
> Will

> Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>
> Please see <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/> for list
> guidelines, information, and LaTeX/TeX resources.

Well Will It's like this. I live in the bush in central Victoria,
Australia My download speed is around 2Kb/second. My connection is sus
at best and a twelve hour + download is... well not likely succeed.  I
can get access to a broadband connection if  you know where I can get
the Tex file to put on disk.

George