[OS X TeX] installing texlive

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jun 29 08:07:36 CEST 2004

On 29 Jun 2004, at 3:13 PM, George Ghio wrote:

> Well I just don't know what is left. Perhaps I should just go back to
> OS10.2.7?
> I have tried everything I can think of.
> Only one version, is that just 'echo $PATH' ? This gives;
> <minimal path>
>
> Got no idea from this. Do you have OS 10.3, if so what is your path?

I would hazard a guess and say that TeXLive is installing a startup
script for a different shell than you are using.

Is there any reason you need TeXLive? If it's not configuring properly
then it can be a long, tedious, and complicated process getting
everything working.

I would highly, stronger, most definitely recommend Gerben Weirda's TeX
distribution. You can get it by following the instructions in the first
box here:
<http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/texstart/>

It's designed to install TeX with a minimum of fuss and will almost
certainly work first time. (unless you've been messing with
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist...)

Good luck

Will