[OS X TeX] Fourier and amsart

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Jun 27 09:27:28 CEST 2004

Le 27 juin 04, à 05:00, Richard Seguin a écrit :

> I've noticed too that \boldsymbol and \mathbf do not work yet with
> Fourier. Is there a place to go on the web for news about progress in
> its development?

I don't think so. The Fourier fonts (technically Fourier-GUTenberg) are
written by Michel Bovani, a committee member of the French TeX Users
Group GUTenberg. There are some details about the fonts at GUTenberg's
site (in French), for example at
<http://www.gutenberg.eu.org/pub/gut/manifestations/gut2003/
prfourierPP4.pdf>, but mostly I think the main source of information
remains
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/doc/latex/fourier/fourier-doc-en.pdf
(where Michel's address is given too).

By the way, the "official" way of getting bold maths in LaTeX is now
provided by the bm package (see
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/tools/bm.dvi). For example,
I generally use:

\usepackage{bm}
\renewcommand{\vec}[1]{\bm{#1}}
\DeclareBoldMathCommand{\bnabla}{\nabla}
\DeclareBoldMathCommand{\bcdot} {\cdot}
\DeclareBoldMathCommand{\btimes}{\times}

Bruno Voisin