[OS X TeX] Fourier and amsart

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 27 05:00:58 CEST 2004

Does anyone know for sure that the small caps used by amsart in titles
are displayed properly if the Fourier package is invoked and the Utopia
Expert fonts installed? Without the expert fonts headings revert to CM.
I would like to have some assurance before I think about investing in
the expert set.

I've noticed too that \boldsymbol and \mathbf do not work yet with
Fourier. Is there a place to go on the web for news about progress in
its development?

I've been evaluating Fourier, and it is growing on me. I've always
thought that Utopia could have a more elegant italic, (Minion italic is
my favorite), but on the whole it gives a nice crisp looking page with
well kerned text. Now CM looks a little too loose to my eye. Math
symbols, particularly greek, also match the text font more closely in
weight. For example, with CM the \beta in $\beta X$ looks a little
wispy in contrast to the X, making me wish that I could apply a
semibold to the \beta. Now with Fourier, the weights are perfectly
balanced.

Richard Séguin