[OS X TeX] TeXShop features, AppleScripting

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 10:51:07 CEST 2004

On 23 Jun 2004, at 5:49 PM, Joel Gilmore wrote:

> I know the ITexMac has more power - but I can't stand hard wrapping.
> Got to be soft!

In iTeXMac, open the Preferences window.
Select the "Editor" pane up the top.
In the "Built In" tab, deselect "Basic Text Editor Typesetter".

This should give you soft wrapping.
Hurrah!

About your other points, I won't be as useful.
I suggest signing up to the iTeXMac mailing list and talking to Jerome.
iTeXMac really is a lot more powerful for scripting than TeXShop.

There is nothing on Mac OS X that can really equal WinEdt's features at
this stage. But if you can script up some masterpieces, I'm sure Jerome
will help integrate them into iTeXMac.

Regarding labels, iTeXMac has a Labels menu thing below the main
toolbar in a document window. Third from the left. Not as good as a
popup box, but better than nothing.

Regarding bookmarks, both TeXShop and iTeXMac allow them (if I
understand the question). In TeXShop, precede a label by "%:" get put
into the Tags popup in the document toolbar, as well as sections. In
iTeXMac, labels preceded by the clunky "%! iTeXMac(mark): " get put
into the Marks popup.

I'm not sure what you mean with projects. Do you mean being able to
split up a file into many parts and have them all typeset at once? To
do this you set the Project Root file. This is done in the file menu of
TeXShop and in the Project Window in iTeXMac.

Hope some of this helps...

Will