[OS X TeX] questions: xy-pic

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 23 05:22:39 CEST 2004

I've downloaded both xy35mac and xy-3.7. Is there any particular reason
that I should be looking at xy35mac despite the earlier version number?

The second question betrays my lack of detailed knowledge of the UNIX
underpinnings of OS X. The installation instructions mention
installation on UNIX by using the command ./support/install-tds <texmf>
or the command  make TEXMF=<texmf> install. I am inclined to doubt that
this works on OS X. Am I correct?

All this because AMS LaTeX can not create simple triangular commutative
diagrams, a glaring limitation. I hope that in the future this
capability is part of the standard distribution.

Richard Séguin