[OS X TeX] [ANN] TCOBrowser-0.63

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Jun 20 21:12:32 CEST 2004

Frank,

On 20 Jun, 2004, at 12:58, Frank STENGEL wrote:

> I just tried it and I seem to run in a problem: I cannot view the
> local doc more than once. I can open the file, but when I try to open
> it again, nothing happens. Console shows a rather terse
>
> an error occurred opening the file

Right, thanks for letting me know.  TCOBrowser copies the file to /tmp
before opening it, but was returning an error if the file already
existed; I've fixed this, and will upload 0.71 shortly.  I had a
warning to myself in the code about error handling at that point, so it
will also have a more informative sheet if an error occurs.

> Another thing while I am at it: the scrollview is rather slow (1
> second per page down)...

Ouch.  What hardware are you using?  I haven't tried to optimize
anything yet, but a 1600 item tableview might be inherently slow.  Have
you tried searching to limit the number of items displayed?

--
Adam