[OS X TeX] Revisiting Using Hoefler Text Inside TeX

Friedrich Vosberg post at vatolin.de
Sat Jun 19 15:28:05 CEST 2004

Morning.

Am 16.06.2004 um 13:18 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

> 1. [...] 4.
>
> Enjoy!

I dit it exactly as you  wrote. I found it all as like as you described
it. But I found some things more:

1.) There is a file ~/library/texmf/ls-R containing the lines at the
end of this message. What for is that file?
2.) I wrote a minimal *.tex-file containing the lines as follows

----- 8>< -----
\documentclass {scrartcl}
\renewcommand {\rmdefault} {eht}
\renewcommand {\encodingdefault} {T1}
\usepackage [official] {eurosym}

\begin {document}
Die christliche Schifffahrt war ein finanzielles Desaster. Sie kostete
1.000 \euro\ und war gem\"ass \S~138 BGB sittenwidrig. Insofern war sie
von \"Ubel und \"ode.
\end {document}
----- ><8 -----

	TeXShop creates a pixeled PDF-file. Why?
3.) Not only the ligatures (ff, fi) are made, the german dotted \"a
(ä), \"o (ö) and \u (ü) were also not displayed.

Therefore unfortunatly I can't enjoy using Hoefler Text.

But your description is the first step at all, Thanks.

Friedrich

Appendix: The file ls-R

----- 8>< -----
% ls-R -- filename database for kpathsea; do not change this line.
./:
.DS_Store
bibtex
fonts