[OS X TeX] lost message? Suggestions for TeXShop

Axel E.Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Sat Jun 19 10:15:58 CEST 2004

On Jun 18, 2004, at 9:43 AM, Amy Lee Wangsness wrote:

> I used to work with WinEdt on a PC.  In that application, if you type
> \ref{}, a list will
> pop up with all of the choices you have for references.

Kile does this, if you ``type'' \ref{} or \pageref{}, etc. with its
pull down menu. You can install Kile with Fink, and it uses gwTeX if
you install system-tetex as well (rather, you have to install
system-tetex before Kile if you use gwTeX). Also, you can tell Kile to
use Xdvi (which comes with gwTeX) instead of kdvi (which for me has
been illegible).

Beware: downloading and compiling takes hours! And you would have to
follow Fink's instructions to install packages from its unstable tree.

Best regards,

Axel