[OS X TeX] lost message? Suggestions for TeXShop

Amy Lee Wangsness amilee at iastate.edu
Fri Jun 18 16:43:17 CEST 2004

>> A second request would make all the shortcuts available in Macros,
>> Tags
>> (and Refs) so much more useful (right now it is often faster to just
>> type them) if they were available as a contextual menu when one
>> right-clicks (or control clicks) at a certain position in the text.
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean here.

I used to work with WinEdt on a PC.  In that application, if you type \ref{}, a list will
pop up with all of the choices you have for references.  If you type \cite{}, a list will
pop up with all of the theorems, etc. that you can cite from your paper.  I miss that
feature a lot, but every application has different advantages and disadvantages.
Right now I am using both Textures (in Classic mode) and TeXShop on OS X, and
other than the feature Denis mentioned in his letter, I can get almost every feature I
enjoyed in WinEdt through one of those two applications.

Amy