[OS X TeX] Working with a list in LaTeX

Gilles Serasset Gilles.Serasset at imag.fr
Thu Jun 17 18:17:03 CEST 2004

Dear all,

First, as I'm not an advanced LaTeX user, I may not use the correct
words to ask my question. I hope some of you will be able to help me
anyway. Second, it is not really related to "Mac OS X", but this
mailing list is so helpfull that I'm posting here anyway...

CONTEXT: I'm producing a proceeding volume from several pdf papers,
using the excellent package pdfpages. I am now able to do everything
quasi automatically, except from the author's index. I'm currently
adding a paper using a command I defined :

\includearticle{}{}{How to win when you loose 0-1 at the 90th
minute?}{Zinédine Zidane, Fabien Barthez and Lilian Thuram}{}{42}

In this command, arg1 is a scale, arg2 is an offset, arg3 is the title
of the article, arg4 is the author list, arg5 is the short title (to be
used in headers) and 42 is the number of the paper.

PROBLEM: I would like to produce an author index. For this, the
includearticle command should call:
\index{Zinedine Zidane}
\index{Fabien Barthez}
\index{Lilian Thuram}

QUESTION: Is there a way to do this ?
RELATED QUESTION: If this is not possible, is it possible to pass
authors as a "list" and reconstruct the "Zinédine Zidane, Fabien
Barthez and Lilian Thuram" string from this (adding commas and "and") ?

Thanks in advance,

Gilles,
--
Gilles Sérasset