[OS X TeX] Re: Revisiting Using Hoefler Text Inside TeX

Thomas A.Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Thu Jun 17 15:18:24 CEST 2004

On Jun 17, 2004, at 2:00 AM, "Musa Furber" <musaf at runbox.com> wrote:

> Now, something I have noticed is that if I run
>
> $ sudo updmap
>
> again I am told that eht.map cannot be found.

Well, it is a bit difficult to see what's going wrong here from a
distance. One reason could be that eht.map was put in a directory that
your TeX-installation cannot see (and I seem to remember that ttf2tex
put it in an unusual place); you should have a look at
/usr/teTeX/README.howtexfindsfiles.txt. What you can try: put eht.map
in ~/Library/texmf/dvips/config/ (creating subdirectories if needed),
then run updmap again. As long as the proper map isn't added to your
installation, Hoefler obviously can't work. All I can say is that on my
system, with the exact files that you have, all the ligatures, numbers
etc. work flawlessly, with pdflatex or other tex-programs (personally,
I use ConTeXt, but I checked with pdflatex this morning).

Good luck!

Thomas