[OS X TeX] Revisiting Using Hoefler Text Inside TeX

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Jun 17 11:28:21 CEST 2004

> Hoefler Text works wonderfully with TeX & friends. You will have to do
> the conversion of the actual fonts yourself since it's not permissible
> by Apple's license to distribute them or modify them. For the rest: I
> think Gerben started distributing versions of  the files you will need
> for using the fonts with TeX, but the process could not be done
> automatically, so the approach was abandoned.

No, it could be done automatically, but I wanted it to work with pdfTeX as
well as with normal TeX + dvips. This, I never got working. Besides, it
seems to be incompatible with the license to convert the fonts. Your
solution does not change the font, it only unpacks it from the container.
The result can be used with pdfTeX.