[OS X TeX] Help! Dissertation due and long dashes are faint.

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 16:50:35 CEST 2004

On 16 Jun 2004, at 3:40 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> What you can try is use Latin Modern instead of CM; that should
> practically leave the linebreaks unchanged, but give slightly bolder
> characters. Latin Modern are installed by default with the TeX
> i-Package. You select them by adding in the preamble of your LaTeX
> input:
>
> \usepackage{lmodern}

I just tried this out quickly on a sample file to see the differences,
and all italics and bold reverted to normal text. Beware.

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin                   Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science          Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University                  Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
PO Box 916, 5 The Parade            WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3XF, United Kingdom   VOIP:  sip:rrmwork at iptel.org