[OS X TeX] New TeX and FontForge (formerly PfaEdit) i-Package releases

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Jun 14 00:36:33 CEST 2004

On Jun 13, 2004, at 4:52 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> - Going to www.ntg.nl, the FontForge i-Package corresponds to
> <http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/pfaedit.ii2> whose latest
> version is 2004/02/07. Hence I did not update mine, which has the same
> time stamp. However, when installing the TeX i-Package, the Latin
> Modern conversion couldn't proceed because fontforge wasn't found in
> /usr/local/bin (I don't remember the exact error message). Is this
> simply caused by the change of name (pfaedit -> fontforge), or by the
> FontForge i-Package not updated on NTG?

Here is the exact message I got:

### tex.configure: Latin Modern fonts have been installed but not yet
configured.
### tex.configure: Preparing TeX for Latin Modern configuration...
### tex.configure: Configuring TeX to use Latin Modern ...
### tex.configure: Latin Modern fonts have been installed but not yet
converted for GUI use.
### tex.configure: This script needs fontforge to be available in
/usr/local/bin. Stopping conversion.

Again, I did not install the new FontForge since the date was the same
as what I already have.

-- Gary