[OS X TeX] Fonts and PSNFSS

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Jun 12 22:49:37 CEST 2004

Le 12 juin 04, à 19:44, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> In fact, I had suspected that the package must have been i-installed
> but I had no idea how to go about checking whether it had and what had
> happened to it.

A more practical, second-thought answer: let's assume you see the
package pifont mentioned, and you would like to check whether it's
installed and where. Go to the Finder, then:

- Open a window and navigate to /Library/ (it's displayed under a
localized name in the Finder, for example "Bibliothèque" in French),
make sure teTeX appears as one of its sub-directories.

- In the File menu, select Find… (Cmd-F).

- Drag the teTeX directory to the white area inside the Find window
that appears. It will add this directory to those (Documents, iDisk,
etc.) already available by default for the search.

- Check teTeX and uncheck the other directories.

- In the pop-up menus below this white area, select "Visibility" in the
first and "Visible and Invisible Elements" in the second.

- Then press the "+" button which will allow to add one more search
criterion, and select "The name" "Starts with" (for example) and type
the name of the file to search for, here "pifont.sty".

You're done, you will search for the file "pifont.sty" inside the
directory /Library/teTeX/ where the TeX distribution lives.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin

PS There are command-line tools like "locate" or "find" that allow to
do this from Terminal.app, but personally (being a "Rest of Us" person)
I prefer the Finder way.