[OS X TeX] generating eps files

Kannan Moudgalya kannan at iitb.ac.in
Wed Jun 9 14:58:02 CEST 2004

> For personal use, I advice you to translate all your figures into pdf,
if needed with the epstopdf tool on the command-line. The pdf-format
allows for much easier and consistent verification of the final output.

I have bounding box problem with epstopdf.  As suggested by a bug-fix I
tried to increase the numbers by 1, but it did not help.  Can anyone
suggest where I can find the latest version of epstopdf that does not have
this problem?

> Now the bonus subject: getting LaTeX formatted equations into another
drawing application. I'll just give an example, you figure it out.

Out of curiosity:  Both xfig and gnuplot give options to embed latex fonts
in the figures.  From the discussion, I guess that metapost can be used
for the same.  Can someone tell me the advantages of using metapost over
xfig and gnuplot?  Is this comparison ok in the first place?