[OS X TeX] Can't open dvi files in TeXShop

Daniel Flatin dflatin at rcn.com
Sat Jun 5 04:08:55 CEST 2004

I am trying to review some of the documentation installed with teTeX which is only in dvi format.
When I open the file directly from the Finder, TeXShop launches but does not parse the file.  I have
tried this with several dvi files, so I don't think the problem lies in a particular file.  I am
wondering if there might be some comon configuration issue.  I have checked the list and found a
message from Andre Valentin in November 2003 where he had a similar problem, but the solution,
installing Ghostscript, does not seem to apply.  Just in case, I reinstalled it using the iInstaller,
but I still can't open dvi files.  FWIW, I am running TeXShop v1.34 with Mac OS X 10.3.4.  Otherwise
TexShop is working fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan Flatin