[OS X TeX] line numbering

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jun 3 21:46:05 CEST 2004

Le 3 juin 04, à 21:34, Friedrich Vosberg a écrit :

> How can I teach TeXShop to show the line numbers in the editors window?

I don't think it can. That wouldn't be much useful anyway, given
TeXShop soft-wraps lines: what is shown on the screen as one paragraph
made of several lines is actually one very long line, which is
displayed wrapped to the size of the editor window (you can check this
by resizing the window, you'll see the line breaks change accordingly).

This is actually a feature of Cocoa, the programming model of Mac OS X:
TextEdit works that way, for example.

BBedit can do what you're looking for, and some people on this list I
think have managed to make it work as external editor for TeXShop or
iTeXMac. Probably AlphaX can as well. It's possible too that iTeXMac
has the feature you're looking for in its built-in editor, I'm not
sure.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin