[OS X TeX] LaTeX Companion CD

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 2 21:51:50 CEST 2004

On 6/2/04 2:33 PM, "Stephen Anderson" <stephen.anderson at yale.edu> wrote:

> Lazy person's question: I just got my copy of The LaTeX Companion,
> second edition.  The included CD appears to consist of the TeX-Live
> distribution (minus a couple of big things), plus example material from
> the book.  Now assuming that I have a current TeX installation from
> GW's i-Installer, is there anything on this disk that I should install
> apart from putting the examples somewhere in a doc directory so I can
> consult them if necessary?  There's a lot of stuff on this CD, and I
> don't feel like going through all of it to ensure that I've already got
> it, before burying the CD itself in a pile somewhere.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Steve Anderson

Howdy,

Take a look at "readme-tlc2.html" for a list of updated packages. I'd
suggest that if you decide to use any of these updated packages you should
first put them in your local texmf tree (i.e., ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/)
and test them out. E.g., I've discovered that the updated fourier package
(at least with the expert utopia fonts but probably in all cases) requires a
change if you use the updated textcomp package. Also, since the new textcomp
package tries to be smart about adjusting for fonts it knows about you've
got to make sure you add the package after using the font package if it has
any extended glyphs.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)