[OS X TeX] [ANN] XeTeX now supports OpenType features on Mac OS X

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jun 1 22:13:39 CEST 2004

Please excuse the interruption; I know XeTeX has its own mailing list,
which would be the appropriate place for further discussion, but I
thought this might be of some wider interest.

Version 0.8 of XeTeX, released today, adds support for OpenType layout
features (in addition to the AAT support that has always been present)
to the Unicode-based extension of TeX for Mac OS X.

The XeTeX page is at:

	http://scripts.sil.org/xetex

or the software can also be installed through i-Installer (but the
example files, which provide the only current documentation of many
features, are separately downloadable from the XeTeX site).

Jonathan