[OS X TeX] Intertext like command

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Thu Jul 29 19:52:48 CEST 2004

I finally go around trying mdwlist to suspend and resume a list because
Bovani's solution would not let me to insert a \quote in an asparaenum
list.
At one point, as I was tinkering, all the TeXshop pdf typeset pages
went blank with the heading still live. Restarting TeXshop straightened
things but, while it lasted, it was impressive. (Being a born tinkerer,
I was tinkering on a copy so remained quite peaceful.)
But I had no luck with mdwlist and ended up using a minipage as a
workaround, if not exactly an elegant one.

Essentially, mdwlist reacts with other packages in ways that I was not
able to delineate and that thus could not manage.
For instance, the console objected to
	\newtheorem*{note}{Note}
After I had commented that out, the notes looked completely different.
But why should a list environment affect newtheorem?
There were other interactions and, for instance, mdwlist changes some
of the asparaenum formats.

Thus are the joys of a free world and I am bringing this up in a
totally disinterested spirit—for a change—and only for the curious to
puzzle out.
Regards
--schremmer

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>