[OS X TeX] sectioning format

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jul 30 02:19:01 CEST 2004

On 7/29/04 6:50 PM, "Herb Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> The standard sequence is section, subsection, subsubsection, paragraph,
> subparagraph. If you really want to use \paragraph you should change
> \theparagraph via
>
> \renewcommand\theparagraph{\arabic{paragraph}.}
>
> and to change the section number to have a period
>
> \renewcommand\thesection{\arabic{section}.}
>
> You MAY also need to make the paragraph reset when section changes by doing
>
> \makeatletter
> \@addtoreset{paragraph}{section}
> \makeother
>
> if it doesn't work as is.

I guess I should try it out before I say it! What I said above doesn't work.
To use sectioning commands you'd have to redefine the \subsection command so
that it would be a run-in heading (the afterskip is negative) as well as
change \thesubsection to only give the sub-section number in arabic.

However, the use of sectioning and enumerated lists does work.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>