[OS X TeX] adobe minion and garamond

Kyle Johnson kbj at linguist.umass.edu
Fri Jul 23 22:00:19 CEST 2004

I'm having trouble setting up some fonts for LaTeX, and I'd desperate
for help.

I am trying to get OpenType versions of
Adobe Minion Pro (Regular and Italic) to work with LaTeX. I have
downloaded the LCDF tools to try to create TFM files (and then hopefully
AFM files somehow) but I don't know how to use OTFtoTFM. Can anyone
explain to me how to do this or suggest an alternative?

Also I have the PFBs for Adobe Garamond, and I was wondering how to get
them set up for LaTeX as well, including the Titling Font and expert
font
sets. More importantly, how would I *use* the titling font if by some
miracle I was able to install it? Would I need to name it something
else?

I'd rather not use XeTeX for the OpenType font as I've not had success
yet running it on my graphics intensive LaTeX files.

Many thanks in advance.

Justin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>