[OS X TeX] vertical spacing: TeXShop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 22 19:02:11 CEST 2004

On 22 jul 2004, at 18:38, Lisa Schweitzer wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2004, at 9:33 AM, Jérôme Laurens wrote:
>

>>> From the Format menu, choose Text->Show Ruler.
>>> There is a spacing control there (single, double, other).
>>
>> I am afraid this is a one shot solution.
>
> I'm sorry--I missed the meaning here. One-shot solution?
>
> I've never used the ruler in TexShop; my habit, leftover from my
> plain-old LaTex in Unix time, is to use the package setspace.sty.

setspace or the more modern equivalents (see the UK TeX FAQ for
details) are for changing the output of LaTeX. The OP asked for a
solution to change the line-spacing in the input window, a.k.a. the
editor. What Jérôme was referring to was the fact that this has to be
set on a per window basis, and has to be re-set every time you open the
document, instead of setting it in the application preferences.

On the same vein: the keyboard equivalents for bold and itelic are
assigned (in the default setting of TeXShop). I'd rather have them
available for assignment to a macro (in particular to set cmd-I to add
\emph{} a selection). Until then: Interface builder works nicely...

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>