[OS X TeX] Font size in tetex and/or TexShop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 20 12:39:51 CEST 2004

On 20 jul 2004, at 12:08, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> Moreover, a somehow cool LaTeX would parse the given options to match
>> XXpt and then load the appropriate sizeXX.clo,
>> whatever XX can be. Despite it is perfectly feasable (by TeX gurus I
>> mean), I guess this is certainly time consuming and we do not have
>> enough computing power to waste time for that.
>
> It is probably not that different to code. Maybe it is already so and
> it
> is just the missing sizeXX.clo file.

I didn't follow the discussion completely, but Memoir comes with
multiple size options: 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 pt. I believe that it
will load Computer Modern at the right design size (and other fonts at
the right display size). Especially the 9pt is good when you're fond of
Lucida, although the interline spacing is a bit too small to my taste.

I don't know how hard it would be to use these .clo files with other
classes, let alone the standard classes. It might require some serious
hacking.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>