[OS X TeX] FAQ or Archive

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Fri Jul 16 07:43:14 CEST 2004

After my last post and before this appeared, I was going to add the
following but got interrupted.

Slater is right in (at least) one thing, laziness: I recently caught
myself just before going to the list and before having checked FAQ.
It's like you don't know what you did with your glasses and you ask
"anyone seen my glasses?' instead of going looking for them yourself.
But then, as one of my grandsons said, "How can you look for your
glasses when you don't have them?"
So, yes, it's a lot easier to ask a question here than to look around
for it. And, in fact, someone recently responded to one of my questions
by giving me the relevant url. I thought that it was a pretty good
response but didn't get the hint until today.
So, I will now be a good boy and do my homework before jumping for the
list. As far as that goes, Slater is quite right.

This being said, this was not at all what I was pleading for.

You once wrote to me that you couldn't remember how it felt at the
beginning. And now you are saying "I'd much rather turn off a novice
than cause any of the many gracious contributers to get turned off."
The novices are whom I am pleading for.

As for the rest, I am sorry that it is most likely that I will never be
able to repay the contributors who have helped me here any more than I
have never been able to repay those who had taught me what little
mathematics I know. As it happens, it is only because I try to help
others learn some mathematics too that I allow myself to pick the
brains on this list.

Regards
--schremmer

Mac OS X TeX: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/