[OS X TeX] backref and bibentry conflict

Guido Mocken mocken at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jul 13 14:47:54 CEST 2004

Is there a way to simultaneously use the bibentry-package (or something
equivalent) and hyperref's "backref=section" (or similar) option?

The following works perfectly:

[...]
\usepackage[pagebackref=false,backref=none,bookmarks=true,hyperfootnotes
=false]{hyperref}
\usepackage{bibentry}
[...]
\nobibliography*
\bibentry{some_reference}
[...]
\bibliography{my_bibtex_database}
[...]

But when I change it to something like "backref=section", I get

"LaTeX Error: Command \BR at bibitem already defined."

when the \nobibliography* command is executed.

Is there a solution to this problem?

	Guido