[OS X TeX] colour syntax in Vim: success

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 12 16:38:03 CEST 2004

On 12 jul 2004, at 15:53, Jesse Billett wrote:

> I found that setting my terminal to xterm-color didn't work, but the
> following solution did:
>
> In .vimrc, I added the following commands at the end of the file:
>
> :set term=builtin_iris-ansi
> :syntax on

You need both (a color capable terminal as indicated by xterm-color,
and you need to activate the colors in vim).

> % mkdir ~/bin
> % cp /bin/lsc ~/bin
> % alias ls "~/bin/lsc --color=always"

Be very careful with this! using this alias may screw up some shell
scripts, better alias to lsc instead of ls (it took me several hours to
figure out this very problem some time ago).

Maarten