[OS X TeX] Scaled Courier Default

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jul 12 03:25:43 CEST 2004

On 12 Jul 2004, at 10:27 AM, Herb Schulz wrote:

> On 7/11/04 7:38 PM, "Will Robertson" <will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au>
> wrote:
>
>> Are you going to put this up on CTAN?

> I haven't thought about it.
>
> I assume that I'd have to put it together as .dtx and .ins and I've
> never
> done that before; that doesn't mean I can't learn. I also have no idea
> how
> one submits things to CTAN; where does approval come from, etc.?

Considering I haven't done it before (kind of), I'm not the best person
to ask.
The page to upload is <http://www.ctan.org/upload/>. You simply submit
it, then someone looks at it and uploads it, pretty much.

I'm not sure if the dtx/ins format is required; it certainly can't
handle installing .fd files, etc, so I don't see what the point of it
is with a package like yours --- especially with such simple
documentation, a plain text read me would (I assume) be good
enough...although fancy documentation is always nice.

> Finally, the font is called up by the scourier package as pcrs rather
> than
> pcr, the regular name used in the courier package since the .fd files
> are
> different although compatible when no scaling is set. The question then
> becomes, should I just redefine the *pcr.fd files or use the new
> *pcrs,fd
> files? Who do I ``ask'' about that?

I would use the new fd files. It's not like psnfss is going to be
updated anytime soon.
You could ask on comp.text.tex; I've seen Walter Schmidt around there a
fair bit recently, and he seems to know more about fonts in LaTeX than
anybody.