[OS X TeX] Scaled Courier Default

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jul 12 02:57:24 CEST 2004

On 7/11/04 7:38 PM, "Will Robertson" <will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> On 11 Jul 2004, at 6:19 AM, Herb Schulz wrote:
>
>> I just changed the default scaled value to 0.95, the same as for the
>> helvet
>> package. After looking at several more documents I believe that scale
>> factor
>> is probably the better value to match Fourier-GUTenberg.
>>

> Hi Herb
>
> Are you going to put this up on CTAN?
> If so, Gerben could then include it in gwTeX...
> (I mean, he could include it anyway, but I can imagine difficulties.)

I haven't thought about it.

I assume that I'd have to put it together as .dtx and .ins and I've never
done that before; that doesn't mean I can't learn. I also have no idea how
one submits things to CTAN; where does approval come from, etc.?

Finally, the font is called up by the scourier package as pcrs rather than
pcr, the regular name used in the courier package since the .fd files are
different although compatible when no scaling is set. The question then
becomes, should I just redefine the *pcr.fd files or use the new *pcrs,fd
files? Who do I ``ask'' about that?

All in all it turns out to be fairly easy to add scaling to psnfss style
fonts. Take the helvet package as a model and follow the technique you learn
there.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)