[OS X TeX] search & replace commands

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Thu Jul 8 18:08:31 CEST 2004

On Jul 8, 2004, at 11:40 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 8 jul 2004, at 16:55, Adam Maxwell wrote:
>
>> On Jul 8, 2004, at 09:29, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>>
>>> Also known (more commonly at least) as regular expression search and
>>> replace. iTexMac, BBEdit, emacs, vim, SubEthaEdit, Xcode, ... all
>>> have this, TeXShop doesn't.
>>
>> One addition to this list:  BBEdit Lite, available from
>> <ftp://ftp.barebones.com/pub/freeware/> (free as in beer, but no
>> longer under development).
>
> Note that the syntax BBEdit lite uses is slightly older, many of the
> PCRE examples will not work unaltered.

	The cheaper-than-BBEdit-but-still-not-free replacement for BBEdit Lite
is TextWrangler:  <http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/>.
It claims to support grep with Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions
(PCRE), as well as other features of BBEdit.  HTH.  (Disclaimer: As a
paid user of BBEdit, I have not tried TextWrangler myself.)

                                         -- Mike