[OS X TeX] jurabib, authorindex, and memoir

Robert Voogdgeert rvoogdgeert at kabelfoon.nl
Wed Jul 7 17:15:53 CEST 2004

Dear TeX-users,

I'm trying to generate a separate author-index with memoir en jurabib.
The memoir manual gives some example of this procedure with natbib.
Jurabib though has this functionallity too, and for other reasons I'd
like to stick with jurabib.
The relevant part of the preamble looks like this:

\usepackage[oxford,%
commabeforerest,%
citefull=first,%
authorformat=firstnotreversed,%
titleformat=all,%
pages=always,%
authorformat=indexed%
]{jurabib}
\makeatletter
   \DeclareRobustCommand{\numberandseries}[2]{%
     \unskip\unskip\ifjb at jox\else\unskip\fi
     \space\bibsnfont{#2}%
     \ifthenelse{\equal{#1}{}}{}{~#1},%
   }
\makeatother
\DeclareRobustCommand{\bibapyldelim}{}
\DeclareRobustCommand{\bibapyrdelim}{}
\AddTo\bibsenglish{%
	\def\editorname{ (ed.)}%
     \def\editorsname{ (eds.)}%
     \def\edbyname{ed.}%
     \def\Edbyname{Ed.}%
     }

\makeindex
\makeindex[authors]
\renewcommand\jbindextype{authors}

At the end of course the commands:
\printindex
\clearpage
\printindex[authors]
are set.

Now, this is what happens: the authors.idx file is generated, the
showindex package shows the authors in the margins, but after
<makeindex authors.idx> is run in the terminal, the message is:

This is makeindex, version 2.14 [02-Oct-2002] (kpathsea + Thai support).
Scanning input file authors.idx...done (0 entries accepted, 0 rejected).
Nothing written in authors.ind.
Transcript written in authors.ilg.

Specifically the second system surprises me, especially as the
showindex does show the authors in the margine.

The result is: the default index is typeset, but the author-index is
not.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Robert.