[OS X TeX] converting pdf to eps ... where can I find pdf2eps?

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Wed Jul 7 15:12:57 CEST 2004

On Jul 7, 2004, at 5:14 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 7 jul 2004, at 11:05, George Nurser wrote:
>
>> So ... how do I convert the pdf figures to eps? There is supposed to
>> be a program pdf2eps, but  I don't seem to have it (Panther +
>> Image magick). Anybody know where I can get it from?
>
> I had a discussion about this with an editor from Elsevier Science.
> Your best
> bet is to use gs, and while you're at it: replace all letters with
> their outlines.

	I'm willing to bet there are some significant shortcomings to the
following, but one could easily print a PDF to a PostScript file from
within Preview.  Select "Output Options" from the drop down menu, check
on "Save as File" and select "PostScript" instead of PDF.  I have no
idea if the fonts and other considerations mentioned in Maarten's
helpful message are affected, but for something "quick and dirty" at
least, it seems hard to beat.

                                         -- Mike