[OS X TeX] Update: Dissertation due and long dashes are faint.

Brian Burge-Hendrix bbh at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jul 7 05:50:40 CEST 2004

Greetings!

I'd like to thank everyone who offered advice as to how to solve the
problem I had with faint long dashes in my dissertation.

The majority opinion held that it would be best to switch from Computer
Modern to Latin Modern. Someone said that it was installed by default,
but that does not seem to be the case with my setup. I'm not willing to
switch typestyles before the dissertation is defended -- only six more
weeks! -- so for the time being I implemented a quick and dirty
solution by using \bfseries where my long dashes appeared.

  Once again, thanks to the list members for all your help. I look
forward to installing Latin Modern ... after the dissertation is
defended!

Cheers,
   Brian

[My original description of the problem follows...]

--
"Iustitia est constans et perpetua voluntas ius suum cuique tribuens."