[OS X TeX] Shortcuts in TeXShop

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Sun Jul 4 19:16:50 CEST 2004

On Jul 05, 2004, at 01:55, Arno Kruse wrote:

> some weeks ago someone (I have forgotten the name, of course) has
> published a list which contained shortcuts useable in TeXShop,
> for example ^a: cursor jumps to the begin of the paragraph.

Those shortcuts -- keybindings -- work not only with TeXShop but also
with any Cocoa app.

> I am sure anywhere exists a complete list of all shortcuts one can use
> in TeXShop - is there anybody who can help finding this list?

You have it as

/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/Resources/
StandardKeyBinding.dict

where ^a is defined in the following way.

	<key>^a</key>
	<string>moveToBeginningOfParagraph:</string>

You can modify those shortcuts by creating your own definition file as
'~/Library/KeyBindings'. See

/Developer/Documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/BasicEventHandling/Tasks/
TextDefaultsAndBindings.html

and

/Developer/Documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/ObjC_classic/
Classes/NSResponder.html

For customising them, a free Pref pane called TextMacro would be handy.
<http://www.mai.liu.se/~milan/TextMacro/>

Kino