[OS X TeX] installing texlive

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 1 16:14:07 CEST 2004

On 7/1/04 3:01 AM, "George Ghio" <ghiog at netconnect.com.au> wrote:

> This is what I did to install-
>

> If I want to install Tex from TexLlive I open the terminal and
> drag"install-pkj.sh" into the terminal window and hit return?
>
> I end up with a menu for the installation of Tex.
>
> To keep this as short as possible I hit "D"
>
> In this window I hit "1"
>
> In this window I  change the directory to
>
> "usr/local/teTex/
>
> Hit return
>
> I then type "R" to return to the main menu where I type I and hit
> return which starts the installation
>
> after Tex is installed I have to set the path;
>
> export
> PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.4:${HOME}/bin:/
> sw/bin
>
> This may be darwin6.3???
>
> Does this look like it may be correct? Or am I lost never to be found
> again.
>
> George

Howdy,

I'm going to stretch my neck out here and wonder if you executed the
install-tl.sh using sudo; i.e., sudo install-tl.sh and then put in your
administator password. It is just beginning to sound as though nothing is
installed and that could happen if you don't have write permissions to
/usr/local/.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)