[OS X TeX] installing texlive

George Ghio ghiog at netconnect.com.au
Thu Jul 1 10:01:45 CEST 2004

On 01/07/2004, at 11:28 AM, Herb Schulz wrote:

> On 6/30/04 6:53 PM, "George Ghio" <ghiog at netconnect.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I mean there is no bin file. When I looked for the directory I found
>> "/usr/local/teTex" but there is no /bin in the teTex file. Should
>> there
>> be?
>>
>> George
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Can I ask... What, exactly, did you do when you installed the TeX
> system?
>
> Also
>
> On 6/30/04 7:04 PM, "George Ghio" <ghiog at netconnect.com.au> wrote:
>
>> which tex
>>
>> George-Ghios-Computer:~ georgeghio$ which tex
>> no tex in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin
>> /usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.4 /Users/georgeghio/bin
>> /sw/bin /usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.4
>> /Users/georgeghio/bin /sw/bin
>> /usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.4 /Users/georgeghio/bin
>> /sw/bin
>> George-Ghios-Computer:~ georgeghio$
>>
>> Does this look right?
>>
>> George
>
> It appears that you've doubled up parts of your PATH. Finally, what is
> in
> /sw/bin/?

Can't even find /sw/bin.

> Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. Are you trying to
> install TeX from the TeXLive CD, via FINK or via i-installer?

Via Texlive.

> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

> Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>
> Please see <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/> for list
> guidelines, information, and LaTeX/TeX resources.

This is what I did to install-

If I want to install Tex from TexLlive I open the terminal and
drag"install-pkj.sh" into the terminal window and hit return?

I end up with a menu for the installation of Tex.

To keep this as short as possible I hit "D"

In this window I hit "1"

In this window I  change the directory to

"usr/local/teTex/

Hit return

I then type "R" to return to the main menu where I type I and hit
return which starts the installation

after Tex is installed I have to set the path;

export
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.4:${HOME}/bin:/
sw/bin

This may be darwin6.3???

Does this look like it may be correct? Or am I lost never to be found
again.

George