[OS X TeX] installing texlive

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 1 03:28:07 CEST 2004

On 6/30/04 6:53 PM, "George Ghio" <ghiog at netconnect.com.au> wrote:

> I mean there is no bin file. When I looked for the directory I found
> "/usr/local/teTex" but there is no /bin in the teTex file. Should there
> be?
>
> George

Howdy,

Can I ask... What, exactly, did you do when you installed the TeX system?

Also

On 6/30/04 7:04 PM, "George Ghio" <ghiog at netconnect.com.au> wrote:

> which tex
>
> George-Ghios-Computer:~ georgeghio$ which tex
> no tex in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin
> /usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.4 /Users/georgeghio/bin
> /sw/bin /usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.4
> /Users/georgeghio/bin /sw/bin
> /usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.4 /Users/georgeghio/bin
> /sw/bin
> George-Ghios-Computer:~ georgeghio$
>
> Does this look right?
>
> George

It appears that you've doubled up parts of your PATH. Finally, what is in
/sw/bin/?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. Are you trying to
install TeX from the TeXLive CD, via FINK or via i-installer?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)