[OS X TeX] The .enc problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 30 16:55:49 CET 2004

Am 30.12.2004 um 14:05 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> $ grep ENCFONTS /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

Since I now learned about this other configuration file: why does it set

	% A place for local additions to a "standard" texmf tree. If defined,
	% teTeX's texconfig also stores modified config files here:
	TEXMFLOCAL = $SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf-local

when I have my addi(c)tions obviously in
$SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf.local? Afterwards

	TEXMF = {$HOMETEXMF,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFDIST}

is defined, meaning that my local site-specific additions would not be
found (except fro my private parts in $HOMETEXMF), as (almost) every
search path starts with $TEXMF ...

Just a misunderstanding?

--
Greetings