[OS X TeX] TeXLive 2004, PDFTeX magnification problem.

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Dec 30 08:33:49 CET 2004

Le 29 déc. 04, à 21:40, Herb Schulz a écrit :

> I'd guess it uses the one in texmf.local too. I haven't updated to the
> latest TL2004 i-package no less the TL2005 (TL2004+?) download so I
> wonder
> if the extended version of pdftexconfig.tex you have compared to mine
> is
> because of that update.
>
> Did you have to restore operation of any fonts you had in texmf.local?
> I've
> got Adobe Type Basics, mostly for ``official'' Times, Helvetica and
> Courier,
> there. I haven't moved moved Lucida, Utopia Expert or Adobe Eurofont
> from my
> personal tree yet, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I used a radical approach to upgrading to TL2004:

- Backed up texmf.local, suppressed all standard files in this backup
to only keep my local additions.

- Erased /usr/local/teTeX completely.

- Installed TeX (TL2004 version) with i-Installer.

- Put back in place my local additions in texmf.local.

- Ran texhash then updmap for each map file in these additions.

I haven't experienced any font-related issue afterwards. (But that was
all as a tester, with a beta version of the most recent TeX i-Package,
thus maybe the font-related issues people are experiencing are caused
by a last-minute bug in the final version.)

> Is there a structural difference in the tree between TL2004 and
> TL2005(4+)?

I don't think so. The only difference is a more recent version of
pdfTeX.

Cheers,

Bruno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>