[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package released

Aaron Jackson jackson at negril.msrce.howard.edu
Wed Dec 29 01:51:59 CET 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 7:45 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 29.12.2004 um 00:13 schrieb Simon Spiegel:
>
>> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
>> (file /User
>> s/simi/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/adobe/garste/pegr8a.pfb): character
>> 235 is map
>> ped to .notdef
>
> What happened here above? There must have been more warnings and
> errors! Too something with 8r.enc?

It is not just with 8r.enc.  For example, I used t1 encoding and got
the following error:

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file cm-su
per-t1.enc): cannot open encoding file for reading

It seems that none of the .enc files are being found...  I just did a
complete uninstall of the TL2004 install and am proceeding to do a
TL2005 to see if it makes a difference.  I'll follow up with my
results.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>