[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package released

Aaron Jackson jackson at negril.msrce.howard.edu
Wed Dec 29 00:20:40 CET 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 5:32 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 28.12.2004 um 22:41 schrieb Aaron Jackson:
>
>> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
>> (file /usr/
>> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
>> fontmap entr
>> y for `mtex' already exists, duplicates ignored
>>
>> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
>> (file /usr/
>> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
>> fontmap entr
>> y for `mtsy' already exists, duplicates ignored
>>
>> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
>> (file /usr/
>> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
>> fontmap entr
>> y for `rmtmi' already exists, duplicates ignored
>
> This indicates that the map files for the commercial MathTime packet
> are active. If you *don't* have them you should remove them from the
> list of map files used:
>
> 	sudo updmap --disable mt-plus.map --disable mt-yy.map --disable
> mathpi.map
>
> (If this command fails you have to invoke this sequence:
> 	sudo updmap --disable mt-plus.map
> 	sudo updmap --disable mt-yy.map
> 	sudo updmap --disable mathpi.map)
>
> If you *do* have bought and installed MathTime you should disable the
> use of it's cheap substitute:
>
> 	sudo updmap --disable mt-belleek.map
>
> Maybe the other errors with missing glyphs and encodings come from
> this, because the MathTime fonts are not OT1 or T1 encoded.
>
> Send another eMail with some log output if the error continues!

OK.  I don't have Mathtime Plus fonts, I have Mathtime Pro fonts.
Funny, I don't remember activating any of the mt-plus, mt-yy or mathpi
maps...  Although the above warnings went away when I did a ``updmap
--disable  mt-belleek.map'', the resulting pdfs are still nothing more
that a series of boxes where each of the individual letters should be.
This happens no matter what font I use (times, sabon, times new
roman...) unless I use the default CRM.  Thanks.

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>