[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package released

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Dec 28 23:32:27 CET 2004

Am 28.12.2004 um 22:41 schrieb Aaron Jackson:

> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file /usr/
> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
> fontmap entr
> y for `mtex' already exists, duplicates ignored
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file /usr/
> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
> fontmap entr
> y for `mtsy' already exists, duplicates ignored
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file /usr/
> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
> fontmap entr
> y for `rmtmi' already exists, duplicates ignored

This indicates that the map files for the commercial MathTime packet
are active. If you *don't* have them you should remove them from the
list of map files used:

	sudo updmap --disable mt-plus.map --disable mt-yy.map --disable
mathpi.map

(If this command fails you have to invoke this sequence:
	sudo updmap --disable mt-plus.map
	sudo updmap --disable mt-yy.map
	sudo updmap --disable mathpi.map)

If you *do* have bought and installed MathTime you should disable the
use of it's cheap substitute:

	sudo updmap --disable mt-belleek.map

Maybe the other errors with missing glyphs and encodings come from
this, because the MathTime fonts are not OT1 or T1 encoded.

Send another eMail with some log output if the error continues!

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Let's face it; we don't want a free market economy either."
         James Farley, president, Coca-Cola Export Corp., 1959

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>