[OS X TeX] dvips issue: j0 (jzero) necessary

Christoph Schiller cs at motionmountain.net
Mon Dec 27 20:23:22 CET 2004

I write this to the mailing list following the advice of Gerben Wierda.

I am writing a 1000 page physics text with latex
(freely downloadable at www. motionmountain.net)
and there is a major upgrade in the making.

I get clean dvips only with the -j0 option in place.
(I use an extended MinionPro package
provided by an open source project lead by
Achim Blumensath.)

With other options, dvips complains that it does not
find certain *.enc files. (pdflatex has no complaints.)

I use the last version of Gerben's tetex distibution.

Maybe this is a local issue, but the people
of the MinionPro project project could not help,
nor could Gerben.

I am not sure what I need to tell to explain this in more detail;
since I set -j0 the default, I have no
problems. But maybe there is a bug in the file search of dvips
or something else that might be of general interest.

Regards

     Christoph Schiller

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>