[OS X TeX] Mathtime inTexshop and GWTex

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Dec 22 22:40:14 CET 2004

Le 22 déc. 04, à 22:18, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> So the steps to take would be:

It's possible there's one more step to take. With TL2004, the .fd files
inside /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/mathtime have been
created for MathTime 1.1, not MathTime Plus. Namely, they only know
MTMI, MTSY, MTEX. You need to download the mathtime LaTeX support files
from CTAN
<ftp://ftp.cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/psnfssx/
mathtime/>, then open mathtime.ins, verify the following line is indeed
commented out

	%\def\mtplus{}

tex or latex this file, and put the generated .sty and .fd files inside
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/mathtime, to overcome those in TL2004.

Also, beware the .map file mathpi.map for Adobe Math Pi fonts has also
been removed (why?). In case you have these fonts, you'll need to get
one copy of mathpi.map and put it inside
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/misc (for example) then run

	sudo updmap --enable Map mathpi.map

I cannot say more, as I don't have either MathTime Complete or Adobe
Math Pi. The mathpi.map than I extracted from Gerben's TL2003 setup
contains simply:

	mh2 MathematicalPi-Two <mh2.pfb
	mh2scr MathematicalPi-Two " mh2scrEncoding ReEncodeFont " <mh2scr.enc
<mh2.pfb
	mh6 MathematicalPi-Six <mh6.pfb
	ppi020 MathematicalPi-Two <mh2.pfb
	ppi025 MathematicalPi-Six <mh6.pfb