[OS X TeX] Two questions about Lettrine.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Wed Dec 22 09:59:41 CET 2004

Thanks Will for your answer, but:

On 22 Dec 2004, at 02:25, Will Robertson wrote:

>> Now if I look to the resulting dvi file the capital "W" appears in
>> red, but if I convert the dvi file to a ps or a pdf file the capital
>> "W" appears in black. On the other hand if I try pdflatex (instead of
>> plain latex) the capital "W" in the resulting pdf file appears
>> correctly in red. Any suggestions about how to fix this?
>
> Maybe try explicitly calling the driver for the color package:
> \usepackage[dvips]{color}
> as appropriate.

calling the driver doesn't work. The EPS image of the capital letter is
still in black.

>> Just another question: how can obtain capital letters in EPS format
>> starting from the yinit*.mf files? Reading the demo seems that
>> running Metapost does the trick, but it doesn't work (at least for
>> me). Anyone can explain how to get this?
>
> Wouldn't have a clue :)
> However, you can use the bitmap fonts and they'll print fine, and
> since they're only decorative caps they should be readable enough in
> the PDF.

The problem here is that I've only a poor knowledge of how font works.
I've thought to use metafont, but I cannot figure out how to create an
EPS file from a .mf file. By the way, have you any reference about
fonts use in LaTeX? I'd really like to learn something more.

Thanks again,
   Andrea.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>