[OS X TeX] Emacs compilation time

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Dec 21 19:47:39 CET 2004

Le 21 déc. 04, à 18:58, Ettore Aldrovandi a écrit :

> It may be picking up stuff in the dreaded /usr/local, depending
> (or not) on your environment. As mentioned many times in several
> threads, it's hard to hide /usr/local from the compiler/linker
> etc., although darwinports goes at great lenths to ignore your
> personal setup.

That's probably where the problem comes from. In particular my path
settings (should they be used by DP) are:

$ echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin-current:/usr/local/bin:/opt/local/bin

And I have a number of emacs 20.7 components in various subdirectories
of /usr/local, which were created when installing the Cocoa port from
<http://kamares.ucsd.edu/~arobert/GNUstep/emacs.html>. However this
turned out to be really alpha software, which did not (I think) provide
any log of what had been installed and where, preventing any safe
uninstall procedure. Thus I fear a time-consuming Archive & Install of
Panther will really be the only solution. At some point early next
year...

> Hope this helps...?

Yes it did! Thanks,

Bruno Voisin