[OS X TeX] Ghostscript 8.50 i-Package

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 21 02:13:58 CET 2004

 > Speaking of tex4ht: in the tex4ht manual there are several additional
 > scripts or links which can be used to call htlatex with some presets.
 > See for example
 > http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/mn3.html#QQ1-3-8
 > The commands xhmlatex &c. seems to be missing from my installation
 > TL2004-normal.

In the latest version of tex4ht, xhmlatex and other similar scripts
can be obtained through a compilation of the form `latex
mkht-scripts.4ht'. In earlier versions a similar file provided the
scripts--I don't recall its name.

The xhmlatex script is useful just for very specialized applications;
I know of no one besides me using it. The mzlatex variant provides  a
more friendly output for browsers.

I don't think it is justified to offer unpacked all the different
scripts in any distribution.  There are already too many scripts, and
they are destine to even increase in number. However, it might be
worthwhile to ensure proper production of scripts from mkht-script.4ht
for the mac distribution. With a little help, I'll be glad to do this
part.

-eitan
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>